Thursday 30 May 2013

Life's a Game

"Life's a game"

That's how I've chosen to see my life. Y'see, over the years I've discovered that the ball game can change in an instant. One second you're happy, thinking one thing and at the next moment it's all changed so you don't know what to do next. This has happened numerous times in my life. These little changes come along to knock you into going a completely different route. Yep, bloody complicated game, I tell yah. 

You can choose to see it as a game that you want to ignore, or you could just go along with it. Personally, I intend on enjoying it as much as I can and win. WIN. I may not win the little challenges along the way, but I'll win the big one. I'm not going to let those stupid challenges rule my life, or dictate how much I'm going to enjoy it. Instead, I'll let them happen, and somehow use them to my advantage. And one day, when metaphorically picking up one of those chance cards like you get in Monopoly, I might actually get a pleasant surprise. And for that reason there's no reason to avoid taking from that pile.

Yesterday I found out that my family have two months to move out of the rented house we're in now, to a new one. At first I was slightly anxious at the prospect of finding somewhere in such a small amount of time, and also a shocked. I wasn't expecting it. It was a game change. But really, is it that bad? I mean, I love the house I'm in at the moment, but a change could be good. And maybe it means I'll move closer to my Dad's house or generally be closer to, um, certain people. And that would certainly come in useful. Really, I know we've got to move. And that we've got 2 months. But I'm not going to worry - after all, there's nothing I can do about it. Therefore, it's best to embrace it, and take what good I can from it. Otherwise I'll actually turn into the miserable bitch some people think I am. 

Another thing with games, is that you have a say in them. Quite a bit is actually up to you. Woahhh! Life is just the same. We can never have complete control of what happens in life because we're not gods; and we have to remember that other people with their own lives surround us in everyday life. If you and the next person both wanted the same thing, you'd get it, but unfortunately that isn't usually that simple.That's where you've got to have respect for other people. Just a bit ;) You've got to remember that even though your game is difficult, their game isn't necessarily easier. 

That was such a terrible mash-up of thoughts.Sorry. I do hope it actually does make sense. Bet it doesn't... Oh crap. Oh well. I've said what I wanted to say... kind of. Ugh, now I just need to stop talking before I look anymore stupid. I'll probably post something tomorrow. 

Goodbye m'lovelies. :)

2 comments:

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Please post your thoughts here - I love knowing what people think about what I write!