First, the conditions:
- You have share 11 things about yourself
- You have to answer the 11 questions that your tagger has given you
- You have to choose 11 other blogs to nominate (that have under 200 followers - all about promoting hidden blogging gems and all that)
- And then link back to the person who nominated you!
So let us goooooooo! 11 things about me? Well this isn't going to be easy...1. I officially play the flute and the guitar. However, I can also play the drums, bass, piano, ukulele, recorder and anything you give me. I've even played a violin once. :)
2. I'm starting "the next stage" of school in September - 6th Form. I'm going to take (hopefully) Psychology, Human Biology, History and Music. It's sort of a scary concept. It's time to grow up a little more and make new friends as the old ones move on. It'll be interesting to say the least... no doubt I'll tell you about it.
3. I dance. I can't say I am a great dancer, but I enjoy it so go to a dance studio once a week by myself and let my weirdness shine in my own company. People I look up to in dance include Chachi 'Olivia' Gonzales, Jaja Vancover, Ian Eastwood and The Quick Crew.
4. I love WWE. A girl loving wrestling isn't what people necessarily expect but there are SO many of us that love it. It's great. I've been to 2 live shows, one of which was taped.
5. A lot of people trust me and feel comfortable around me once they get used to me a little bit. My "eccentric" tends to scare the odd couple off, but generally people like me. However, if somebody gets on the wrong side of me, they're NOT in a good place.
6. I have a Grade 5, soon to be Grade 7 in singing. I sing anything - classical, folk, pop, jazz, show numbers... just now opera or screamo...
7. If I'm in a bad mood there are only a couple of things that calm me down: Loud, bass-filled music, excersize and silence. Obviously I can't have silence and music at the same time, but it depends on my mood. Whatever happens I tend to go quiet. Until someone makes me angry...
8. The number of true friends I have has dramatically declined in the last year. This is due to me refusing to put up with nonsense, pushing close people away for several reasons, and people just wanting out of our friendship. I wouldn't say I'm a bad person. I think that friendships end sometimes, and it's not a bad thing. I mean, I'm not upset about it, apart from with maybe one or two people, but I can get over it.
9. I have a leopard gecko called Squiggle and two cats called Bob and Pilchard. I used to have another gecko called Phoenix and a dog called Freddie.
10. I have a bad history with mobile phones. In the past my mobiles have been drowned in Coca Cola, dropped in the toilet, shattered, spun them in the washing machine, left them in a slipper in Wales and overheated a battery. Oops.
11. I bake when I'm stressed. Well, I used to... Now I tend to bake for fun, or so my girlfriend has something to take to work with her. She likes my cookies.
11 Questions from Gwendolen and Cecily:
1. One Harangue? Oh my gosh, what is this?! *looks up definition* Okay. Basically something that bugs me, right? People who are intolerant. I think that people who say that a certain person/group of people are different or "don't belong" because of one or two factors should go far, far away. Tolerance is the one thing I will super teach my kids. People are way too quick to judge these days.
2. One fancy? The countryside. I adore a good walk in the countryside. Just sitting down in a field in the quiet is brilliant.
3. Favourite play? Let's make this a musical - Chicago.
4. Favourite quote? "God created all things, didn't He? It's only man who decides what's a mistake."
5. Hidden Talent? Um, pfffffft... kids. Not having them, but looking after them. I'm a damn good babysitter.
6. Favourite poem? Footprints - Mary Powers
7. Favourite ice-cream? Honeycomb...
8. Favourite place in your home country? Sheffield. Wheeeeeeee...
9. Strongest subject at school? Music or History. Probably Music. Typical, :L
10. if you were guaranteed success in any career, what would you do? I would be a leading actress on Broadway. It's always been my dream, I just gave up on chasing it a while ago....
11. You have a phone, a police box, a monocle and a piece of string. How would you determine the shape of the earth? Oh gosh... If it's a mobile I'd text 118-118 and get them to tell me. And order pizza whilst I'm at it. OH MY GOSH CIRCLULAR PIZZA.
11 Questions from Beverley:
1. What's your favourite colour? Good question. I want to say red. Or blue. The answer, however, is pink.
2. How do you feel about programmes like Jeremy Kyle? (Where people go on TV and air all their problems in public) I find them entertaining when there is nothing else on TV. However, I personally wouldn't choose to be on one. I am very private in that way.
3. Where's the last place you went on holiday? Español. :)
4. Personality, looks or both? Looks evidently play some part. In my view thoug, they play a very small one. A wise script write for Doctor Who once wrote "You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful — and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick; but then there's other people. And you meet them and you think, "Not bad, they're okay," and when you get to know them ... their face just, sort of, becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just — they turn into something so beautiful. Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met." Personality MAKES someone beautiful.
5. Shower or bath? Shower. I have the odd bath though.
6. What is one thing that you'd eat every day if you could? There are many things I'd consider: If it was without getting fat? Chocolate. However, due to fat slowly building after eating a giant bar of Dairy Milk everyday, I'd change it to chicken. Preferably chicken nuggets.
7. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? Guadalest, Spain.
8. What colour are the walls in your bedroom? Magnolia.
9. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would you want to meet? The cast of Glee. They're so amazing...
10. What's the story behind your blog title/URL? We often look over everything as a whole. If everybody was to look a little deeper, they might not miss important things. A little thing? Smiling at someone. That could make someones day.
11. How do you feel right now? Big question. Tired. I had about 3 hours sleep last night... Slightly unsure of a couple of things... or is worried the right word? Relieved about one thing in particular. Proud that I made bread without blowing the house up. Glad I'm going out with the Jess's tomorrow... Yeah. :L My 11 questions:
1. Got any pets?
2. Think about it... how many sausages have you eaten in your life time? Give an approximate amount.
3. Favourite television programme?
4. What's one thing that's happened to you and changed you in some way?
5. Most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?
6. Most treasure possession?
7. What's the one song that pops into your head to cheer you up when your down?
8. One thing that makes you stand out?
9. What do you want to have achieved by the time you die?
10. Had to wear 3 colours for the rest of your life. What would they be?
11. Name a mythical creature you wish existed.
Nominations will be in a new post. :)