Monday 15 July 2013

The Unexpected

Hello! A while it has been, and I bet nobody missed me ;) My exams are over now, and my Summer has officially begun so I'M BACK. Hopefully posting regularly like I promised what? 2 months ago? Sorry about that.

Cory Monteith played Finn Hudson in Glee
Right. Today I'm going to talk about 'The Unexpected'. This was sparked up by the shocking news which spread like wildfire yesterday morning - Cory Monteith (Glee star) had died at 31. I prefer to say he went on his travels to the Golden City... sounds so much more pleasant... Anyway, it was horrible. Now, obviously I didn't know him personally, I've never met him, nor was he my favourite character but through his character and various backstage footage and documentaries, I was able to see and confidently know he was really decent guy. His passing was completely out of the blue. NOBODY expected this to happen. 

It's got me thinking about life in general. Memories of things that have happened unexpectedly kept popping into my mind and it just reminded me that we don't have as much control over our lives as we think. Unfortunately, we can't just eliminate any psychological or physical problems from our life and say "this won't happen to me" because you never know what's going to happen. 

In speaking about this it's important not to forget that many unexpected things can be very good. For example, an A* on a test instead of that D you thought you'd get. Okay, that's a crap example but it's all I could think of. I personally think that unexpected things which stir up negative emotions are the one which are remembered the most. Maybe that's why I gave such a terrible example about good things - I can't remember any...

Anyhoo, is the unexpected something to be embraced? Well, I certainly think anything unexpected and shocking should always be positive in SOME way. In the case of Cory's passing, I know of a couple of people who are trying even harder to achieve their dreams of being an actor/actress because of him; also, all the 'fandoms' have united in supporting him. There'll always be that silver lining somewhere. You've just got to look for it. Sometimes it can takes a very long time, even years, to find that silver lining. But there will be one there. I promise you. 

To those who are upset due to the passing of Cory, stay strong. This is a hard time but think of those he's inspired. Be happy for the life he lived. Keep trying to smile. :)
And to anybody else who has been hit with the unexpected? If it's good - congratulations. :) If it's not so good, look for that silver lining. It IS there. Allow your friends to come and help you (don't shut them out like I tend to do), and let them distract you. It will be fine. 

Deep thoughts, much. 
Crazy brain. 
Anyway, I'll post again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Please post your thoughts here - I love knowing what people think about what I write!